I’ve wanted one of these for a long time. A couple of years ago, I bought an el-cheapo version for a couple of bucks, but it was bulky, heavy, and just didn’t work too well.
Lately I’ve found that seeing well enough to read and write at night requires quite a bit of light for me. Having enough lamplight is a problem and overhead lighting is taboo in this house. I was looking for a booklight, but all of them seamed to be plagued by problems.
Then I remembered reading about the Petzl Tikkina Headlamp and checked it out on Amazon. At less than 20 bucks, I thought “Why not give it a try?”. I’m glad I did!
- Dimensions: 5 x 5 x 2 inches ; 3 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 4.2 ounces
- LED bulb – 80 lumen
- 131-foot beam distance
- Proximity and wide modes
- Three AAA batteries (included)
- Push-button (hard to inadvertently turn on in storage)
- Elastic headband
- Phosphorescent reflector
- Available in many colors
- Water-resistant housingI’ve used it two nights now, and it seems to fit my needs very well.